Personal Appointment Checklist
- 1. Completed Client Information Sheet (Can be completed right here on the website) *THIS IS A REQUIREMENT FOR YOUR RETURN TO BE COMPLETED*
- 2. A Copy of Last Year’s Tax Return (New clients only)
- 3. Forms W-2 for Taxpayer and Spouse
- 4. Forms 1099-INT Bank Interest and Forms 1099-DIV Stock Dividend Statements
- 5. Forms 1099-MISC for Sole Proprietorships (Small Business) along with a List of Expenses (No receipts please)
- 6. Forms 1099-R for Pensions, Annuities and IRAs
- 7. Social Security Annual Statements
- 8. Forms 1099-G for Unemployment Compensation
- 9. Forms 1099-G for Gambling Winnings
- 10. Ira Contribution or Roth Ira Contribution Forms
- 11. Tuition Statements and amount paid for course related expenses (such as books and student activity fees)
- 12. Student Loan Interest Statements
- 13. Income from Real Estate Rental and a List of Expenses (No Receipts Please!)
- 14. Forms K-1 for Corporations and Partnerships
- 15. Forms 1099-B Gross Sales Proceeds and Purchases Year-End Transaction Brokerage Statements (You need to provide us with the purchase price of the stock if statement does not include it)
- 16. Mortgage Interest and Real Estate Tax Statements (If it is a New Mortgage We Need the Closing Statement)
- 17. Charitable Contributions (If you have a contribution over $ 500.00, must have receipts. They need to be attached to the Federal Tax Return)
- 18. List of Non- Reimbursed Employee Business Expenses (No Receipts)
- 19. For Child Dependent Care, we require Name, Address, Fed. ID# or Social Security Number and amount paid for the year and for which child.
- 20. Healthcare forms 1095-A,B, or C to substantiate healthcare coverage.
- 1. Bring in your completed Client Information Sheet at the time of your appointment (or you can fill it out online on our website before your appointment); if you will be mailing your information to us make sure it is enclosed with all your tax information and not mailed separately. Please be sure to complete all of the pages (if applicable) and sign the bottom of the form.
- 2. Clients who own their business as Sole Proprietors, will be required to complete the PROFIT OR LOSS FROM BUSINESS FORM, if you are mailing your information to us make sure it is enclosed with all your tax information. This form is required we cannot prepare your return without it.
- 3. MAILING TAX RETURNS: Please note that all tax information should be mailed to: 16 ROOSEVELT AVENUE, PORT JEFFERSON STATION, NY 11776.
* December 1 we will start scheduling appointments for tax season. Please call early as our appointments book quickly. An appointment must be made for each individual or couple that is having a tax return prepared. Tax returns brought in without appointments will have to be mailed upon completion; there are no exceptions to this policy.
* January 9 is the last date for clients for whom we prepare W2 or 1099 forms to submit their preparation information. According to IRS regulations, these forms must be mailed to your workers by January 31st. No forms will be mailed after this date. There will be no reminder calls.
* March 27 is the last date for us to receive your tax return information via mail. If you can not meet this deadline you must request an extension and your return will be filed after April 15th.
* April 7 is the deadline for extension requests this year. Please see the enclosed Extension Request Form for instructions. There is a required deposit of $50 with every extension request. We will not file extensions without the request form and the related deposit. Please note extensions do not extend your time to pay. Taxes paid late are still subject to interest and late payment penalties.
* April 14 will be the last day that we will be having office appointments.
Have Questions? We can help.
If you need to make an appointment, please call our office at 631-473-2022.
Appointments cannot be made through the Contact Us form.